photo 365.jpg

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Our Christmas

It was a wonderful Christmas, yet again! Ace's second Christmas was excellent and all of Loving Husband's family was together with us in Oregon. It was great to have everyone together. On Christmas eve we ventured with Ace's Aunt and Uncle to a local Christmas Market which was interesting and a very different world from the one we know. ;-) But it was a lot of fun!

We had a nice dinner with Aunt and Uncle's adopted grandparents - Grandpa Gordon read a poem that he wrote and it was wonderful. Then we sat around while Uncle sang some Christmas songs on his guitar and Ace was fascinated. After the adopted family left we all opened presents together and then headed back to the house to get Ace down to sleep. Christmas was actually only 2 hours away, he needed to sleep.

Loving Husband headed with his sister and her hubby to a Midnight Church service and I stayed home scouring the internet in vain to find How The Grinch Stole Christmas - it is a tradition in my home to watch (or read it) before bed on Christmas Eve. I've done it every year for... well as long as I can remember. I had all intentions of bringing the dvd with us - but I totally forgot it - and I couldn't find it anywhere. I ended up watching Family Man "with" Becky and David (they were watching it and I was chatting with Dave on Facebook.) Loving Husband came home and saved the day and found the movie (the cartoon of course!) for me and together we watched it while our boy slumbered between us.

We awoke on Christmas morning and enjoyed a lazy morning just the three of us with Ace running around and the two of us sending texts, facebook messages and making calls wishing people a Merry Christmas.

We got Ace down for an hour nap, after which we headed onto Aunt and Uncle's where Pop Pop and Gran awaited with them to see their Grandboyo. Grandma Carol joined us shortly afterward when she got off of work. We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas and watching Ace open his stocking.

We mostly enjoyed hanging out at the house being merry - throughout the day people stopped by and we socialized. Ace entertained himself with all of his new toys, the lights on the tree (which was just lights because they had kicked their real tree out of the house for me since I'm allergic! So sweet!!!)




Later in the afternoon after we got Ace down for another nap - we all enjoyed a game of Kings Cup! Yep everyone joined in on a festive merry moment of consuming tasty cheer! Pop Pop won! If you're wondering why I'm pinching the glass it's because I was placing back the leprechaun back on after Pop Pop finished ;-)

We had a wonderful time and then we enjoyed a yummy yummy dinner made my Grandma Carol. It was a wonderful evening - after dinner we hung out for a while and then we all migrated to Carol's place to put Ace down for the night and then we all enjoyed watching Christmas Vacation. Four members of the family had never seen it - terrible. We remedied that.
It was a wonderful Christmas!


Only 363 more days until we get to do it all again!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I don't think jason has seen it either! Or at least he doesn't want to see it again :(. I like doing repeat Christmas movies. Sadly, I didn't this year. Sounds like you guys had a great time!