photo 365.jpg

Monday, December 14, 2009

Kaylee's Blanket

Ok it's been eons since I gave Kaylee her blanket, but it has taken me forever to post this blog about it. Yes, I've continued to be crafty as the weeks trudge on - in fact after Christmas presents are dispursed there will be a few more crafty blogs to come! However, since this was a Welcome to the World present that was handed to my favorite niece in September I certainly can blog about it now!

Yes, this project was done using the Pound of Love yarn in Lavender and the pattern that came with it. The pattern is relatively easy and it took me a few weeks of leisurely working on it to complete the blanket and only an hour or two to complete the hood and attach it to the blanket. I realized I could have made the blanket a tad larger since I ended up with about a skien worth of yarn leftover - so good to know for future blankets made using this pound of yarn.

Of course before shipping it to my brother and his wife I had to take pictures. Not wanting to have Ace complain in years to come that I dressed him in a purple blanket, so I used a teddy bear as my model.

I shipped Kaylee's blanket to her along with several outfits the day Jen went into labor. I was so excited to become an auntie! These pictures of Kaylee in her blanket are when she was just a few weeks old. She's so cute. It's hard to believe that she's already three months. :)

This one is just funny :)

No comments: