I started with the Polly Peasant Dress pattern that I had for a while that seemed super easy with a bit of a twist - I started one morning and by bedtime the dress was complete. I had to make it a size smaller because the fabric I had wasn't going to stretch to make the 2T but that's ok - Mae is tiny! :)
I gathered all of my supplies and started piecing together the fabric. Mae also wanted to cut fabric and so I found her some tweezers and some 'fabric' and let her 'cut' :) She enjoyed it and then she toddled off to go play with her brother.
The next day I decided to use the sleeves that I had cut using the same floral fabric and made the blouse version with a straight hem using the same pattern. It was pretty quick especially since I had tested the pattern the day before and this time I put some elastic in the sleeves.
Ace was very much paying close attention and wanted me to make him something and so I went to Pinterest and found a very simple pattern for pajama pants! I went to the store and got some Star Wars fabric, but I was too cheap to buy a whole yard so I only bought half thinking that would be JUST enough... it was barely enough for one leg! So I went to my fabric closet and found some navy fabric and then went to work doing a little patch work with scraps of the fabric. I had made the promise that I would make them "before bed" one day and I began after dinner - so they took about an hour from start to finish and they are far from perfect because I was ready for kids to be in bed. :)
Next up was the Lucy Tunic that I made reversible with pockets - Mae loves pockets! Instead of buttons I used my new Snap Source snaps that I just purchased with the attaching tools.
|She really accessorized it on this day! ;)|