photo 365.jpg

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Decade in Review

It is hard to believe that another decade has passed. It seems like just yesterday we were partying like it was 1999... and now we're looking to party like the world is ending in just a few years with the end of the Mayan calendar --- ooooh --- does every decade have a scary looming disaster movie lurking in the wings? ;-)

A lot has happened in the last 10 years. A lot of change.
_______________________________________

Individually:
Got a tattoo
Had 2 knee surgeries
Bought a brand new car
A 20+ trips to Disneyland
Took the bar exam 3 times
Ate a bucket of fries
Read over 100+ books for fun
Learned to quilt and crochet
Delivered a baby

Family:
Met and married Loving Husband.
Lost too many family members.
Gained two sister-in-laws.
Had a son.
Became an aunt.

Friends:
I lost my pastor of 12+ years
Carrie, Becky, David, Mark, Shelley, and many others got married.
A few divorces.
Several babies were born

Education:
I graduated college
I graduated law school

Work:
I was a Caf/Catering Manager
I was a barista.
I was a law clerk
I was a legal assistant
I was a paralegal
I was a college professor
I am an attorney
I am a SAHM

Domicile:
I lived in CA
I live in WA
I have lived in 6 homes.
I own my home (or will in 28 more years) ;-)

Travel:
I have been to 13 different states
I have been to Mexico
I have been to Jamaica
I have been to Rome

World Around Me:
September 11th
Three presidential elections
Hurricane Katrina
Tsunamis
Two Wars
Roberts succeeds Rehnquist
The Writers Strike
Four Olympics
First African American President
The economy tanked
Corporate Scoundrels And Scandals
Swine Flu
Miracle on the Hudson

The original decade of the 2000s brought us all sorts of gems; some good... some not so good; some that I enjoyed, others that merely made a mark on society and thus I heard endlessly about them and not necessarily enjoyed.
Coined Phrases:
the hanging chad
Waaassssssuuuuuuppppp
Wardrob malfunction

Technology:
the iPod
DVR
Wikipedia
Myspace/Facebook /Twitter
YouTube
Skinny TVs
Blogging

TV & Movies:
The Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter movies
The Departed
Finding Nemo
Moulin Rouge
Josie and the Pussycats
Gilmore Girls
Reality TV (Survivor, American Idol, etc.)
The Bachelor
Lost
24
Firefly
Arrested Development
Sex and the City

Music:
Michael Jackson
Kelly Clarkson
Daughtry
Norah Jones
Susan Boyle
Outcast's Hey Ya'
Shakira's My Hips Don't Lie
U2's Beautiful Day
Of course there are MANY more


Obviously there was much much more than occurred in the last decade that isn't listed - but it has been a good last ten years. We're looking forward to much more to come in the 10s ... 2010s... will we ever decided on what we call this decade? We never did agree this past one. ;-)


Happy New Year!!!

No comments: