photo 365.jpg

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dreams

Do you ever have a dream you wish you could just not wake up from? One so nice and pleasant you wished you could have stayed there indefinitely enjoying the faux world that your brain has created while you slumber? I did last night - and I was almost sad to see it go - but at the same time, I enjoyed it while I had it.

I dreamed of being back home but in present day conditions. We were visiting my family, ALL of my family. My mom and dad and my grandma and grandpa. They were all there doting on Ace. It actually seemed as if we lived near them because my dad was playing with Ace and then he got all fussy - and my dad came over to razz me and to tell me that Ace wasn't allowed to not like him - and I explained he was just tired. It wasn't a very long dream, but it was poignant nonetheless - I got to see my dad smiling, laughing, joking, happy and playing with my son. There was more to the dream, but that's the part that I'll carry with me today and for many days to come. Seeing my dad excited to see my son. Even if only a figment of my imagination it seemed so real and satisfying.

9 comments:

Katie Lane said...

Love dreams like that. I wish I lived by family, and had kids already... Glad you enjoyed your dream :)

blueviolet said...

I've had dreams since my dad died where he's in them and he looks different now (like younger, refreshed, etc.) but it's him and I usually take a minute to recognize him. I always get a chance to hug him but then he's gone.

Cindy DG said...

dropping in to say HI from SITS :)
Cindy
http://vegetarianmamma.blogspot.com

LORI said...

SORRY I MISSED YOUR SITS DAY, BUT GLAD I FOUND YOU JUST THE SAME! I'VE BEEN HAVING REALLY "REAL" DREAMS LATELY--NOT BAD, NOT GOOD, JUST REAL. MAYBE IT'S THE HEAT?! IT'S ABOUT 115 HERE TODAY, I THINK!!!

Kristen said...

I believe in dreams and that people from our lives can visit us from the other side. I could go on...but I don't want to freak you out :)

Lauren said...

I had a dream that Avery who is 4.5 months old started walking one day while playing in the backyard and she walked out of the gate like it was no big deal. I woke up and was like DO NOT GROW UP!

AK said...

Hey I have dreams of me getting a visa and studying in UK!! pretty different from your's right? Anyways...I am also a fellow SITSian.Though a very new one.Congrats for ur 5th anniversary and let ur dream come true...!takecare.

Lorie Shewbridge said...

What a beautiful dream, glad you remembered it... I generally don't remember my dreams,so I envy those who do.

Have a great weekend.

Patrice said...

Stopping by from SITS! Cute blog! I love this post, dreams like his are so special!