photo 365.jpg

Thursday, August 13, 2009

MOH - The Bridal Shower Invitations

Another installment of MOH duties this time: the bridal shower invitations. Yes the shower itself involves, planning, prepping, inviting, organizing and gathering. With the help of the Mother of the Bride and a few future sister-in-law(s) helping with games the event itself is sure to be excellent. As the MOH though I tasked myself with sending out the invites for the exciting event and it gave me a great excuse to break out my stamping and scrapbooking stuff to do it! My good friend Stacy is a whiz at all things crafty, I have yet to find a crafty thing she fails at. And she posted several months ago these delightful invitations and I fell in love. They were my inspiration along with a cute little "shower" stamp that I found at the local stamp store.

$25 worth of paper (note the colors matching the wedding, along with a little somethin' extra) and $8 for the cute stamp and I was ready to craft away. I needed to make 35 invitations and that included one for myself and one for the bride as keepsakes. My husband graciously watched our son on several evenings in order for me to cut, punch, stamp, sew, color, glue, etc. these lovely invites. Stacy with ink in her printer kindly printed out the inserts and by Saturday less than two weeks after starting they were all complete, stuffed and addressed and they went out in Monday's mail.

They were a lot of fun to make and I hope that the bride loves them as much as I do.

8 comments:

S Club Mama said...

cute!!

Jackie White said...

Those look great! I'm sure she will love them.

Kristen said...

How cute! You did a great job.

Lauren said...

My, aren't you crafty!

Shraddha@theselfloveproject said...

very nice...it looks very cute..

Lorie Shewbridge said...

They are adorable... you did a wonderful job, and I'm sure the bride will love them.

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Sew cute (pun intended)! I love getting crafty and using my hands...so therapeutic. Your invites are lovely and the bride should love them...

Brochure Printing said...

Way to go, MOH! You showed how crafty you are with those invitations. You are one good maid of honor! :D