photo 365.jpg

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Summer Favorites - Swimming

Growing up I recall having swim lessons on a regular basis in the summer time. I remember having a crush on one of my instructors. I remember trying to swim and swim and getting no where because my arms didn't have any strength to pull myself along. I remember often freezing after only mere moments in the water. But more than anything I remember loving swimming!

Which is why I wanted to put my son in swim lessons right away, and that has proven to be a great bonding time for him and I. He is a little water bug in all manners of speaking. Pools, sprinklers, showers, and bathtubs you will find him having a good time in just about any water medium. I'm so happy about that. I am so thankful I don't have a boy that shrieks like the Wicked Witch of the West when he touches the water. He just has a great time and in turn. So do we!

His latest excitement in his swim lessons is that he free swims underwater! Ok don't envision full lengths of pools, he's not THAT much of a Flipper yet. No, he dips underwater and I let go of him and he swims about a foot to the instructor. He already knows how to kick his little legs and does SO well. It's so cute to watch his expression under the water.
Part of our anniversary we went as a family to the pool and allowed dad to see all of our latest and greatest skills. Both mom and dad practiced the dipping to and from and were able to enjoy his expressions and his kicks. We all had a good time for about an hour and I think for the first time in a week - after we got out of the shower Ace was chilly!






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun Stuff!! I never saw anybody swim so hard and not go anywhere..your instructor finally pity passed you because you had mastered all the other requirements. You properly learned your strokes.. you just could go any distance. Love you!!

theselfloveproject said...

oh what fun!!!

it was good to catch up with your blog after long..

now following you too with friend connect..

Hans and Shinta said...

Hey girl! Nice pictures! love them all =)
There's a picture waiting for you at my blog
http://hansshinta.blogspot.com/2009/07/award-woopiee.html

Mammatalk said...

What a doll!

Lorie Shewbridge said...

I just love watching the little ones swim, he looks so cute in the pool. Glad you had such a good time and that you shared the pics with us. Nice to see some of you and Aiden, too, not just daddy.

Faith- Inspired Designs by Faith said...

I found your blog from SITS and just had to follow. I really enjoyed your blog! I will soon have a place to advertise for FREE on my page so if your interested be sure to check back and watch for when that becomes available!

Blessings
Faith

Emmy said...

How fun! I wish I would have started my kids in swim lessons sooner.
Very beautiful family!

Jodie said...

Hi! I found your blog through Sits and have enjoyed reading it. Your little boy is so adorable!