photo 365.jpg

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Where did the time go?

I recently transfered all my pictures back onto my laptop and was looking through a lot of my older pictures. Then my friend Lori from Livin' in a Fishbowl posted some pictures from when she was full-term pregnant in a flashback series on her page and so I was inspired to do the same. And let me tell you - I am glad she's apologized because her 'full-term' photo was what I looked like at 24 weeks or maybe 26 weeks. Literally. I was bigger by 28 weeks for sure. I'm not joking... I've stolen her photo to do a side-by-side comparison.


I know. I know. I was HUGE! I was being told I was going to 'pop' once I hit 28 weeks (just what a pregnant woman with 12 weeks to go wants to hear) but I survived and for the most part everything has shifted back to where it should be. I might even do it again someday. ;-) One of my favorite pictures of me when I was pregnant was this one taken around 34 weeks when we celebrated our 4th anniversary early:

My full term picture was taken on my due date and that night I went into labor at 10pm. Ace arrived in this world 30 hours and 15 minutes later. You can read Ace's birth story here. One of my favorite early photos that I love so much is after Ace's first bath (at home) at three days old and he looks so sweet and content.


At 12 days old we took him to get his first professional pictures taken. He was so tiny! Now my son is officially over half my size. I'm 61" and he is about 32" right now. Siigh.


And now he's just a few days shy of 15 months old! How fast time has gone.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my gosh! I was laughing so hard when I clicked over to here! First, you are one of the two tiniest people I've ever known. Of course you'd need somewhere to put that baby. But seriously. I am glad I offered an official apology. And the side by side is REALLY funny. I might have to direct people over to here. :-)

Kristen said...

Aww. Such cute pics. And I swear Lori must be lying. No FAIR!

S Club Mama said...

You look fantastic at full term (I'm pretty sure I was bigger). Your friend Lori must have had a SMALL BABY! You weren't huge at all.

Heather said...

She's full term? No fair is right!! I felt like a whale at the end of my pregnancy.

I had forgotten how teeny Aiden was when he was born. What a tiny little cutie pie. I love that picture of him that you had done.

Lori said...

Just for your other readers:

Garrett WAS pretty skinny but was very average in length. He weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz and was 20 inches long.

I assure you that the picture was taken right before we left the house. I am 5' 7" and gained 22 pounds.

AP Mommy said...

22lbs! I gained over 50 - I don't remember the exact number - and I'm not complaining since I ate whatever I wanted and it's gone now... but goodness - you did very well!

I was 5'1" gained 50+
Aiden was 8lbs and 21" long

Funny.