photo 365.jpg

Monday, January 11, 2010

A Clean House

This weekend was extremely productive, the husband was off drilling so it was just me and the boy - and I was motivated. Our house was nothing short of a pit! Seriously - almost every pot and pan in the kitchen was dirty, along with most of the dishes (and we have a lot!) - the playroom had been destroyed, remember? The laundry was threatening to swallow our newly remodeled bathroom. Our bedroom had not been vacuumed in I don't want to think how long ago... and the living room was still in Christmas aftermath looking similar to a Who-Home that the Grinch had pilfered. It was a mess.

So that is what I did this weekend. I cleaned, I laundered, I moved furniture, I scrubbed pots and pans! I did not however do anything with the three bathrooms and our office was not even touched except to toss in things that 'belong in the office' :) So while I cleaned all weekend and while 90% of the house is clean - I'm still not complete, but I was certainly done!

A breakdown in bullet points!
  • 12 loads of laundry washed, dried, and put away!
  • 3 dishwasher loads
  • 1 hour of washing pots and pans, etc.
  • Vacuumed every room in the house (except the office)
  • Rearranged the living room to the non-Christmas placement
  • Unearthed the dining room table from a sea of nonsense
  • Organized the playroom
  • Organized the linen closet
  • Emptied the PackNPlay and took it down
  • Put up some additional decor in Ace's room
  • Created a reading nook in our bedroom (where the packNplay used to be)
  • Got all the Christmas stuff put away.
Whew! I'm beat.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good job!!

I love weekends like that where I get a ton of cleaning done. I went a spree before B and D babysat and only got to like half of what I wanted to get done since the baby girl wouldn't nap/sleep well that week.