photo 365.jpg

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Steaming

Again - I swear our family is eating - my endeavour to cook all year long however seems to be lacking serious momentum towards the goal of 150 recipes in 2010. Lots going on and well... with a toddler it's really hard to get elaborate with the helper. However, ever since I started making these goals I have yet to fail to meet one - so don't count me out just yet!

I love to steam veggies. Tonight that was what I did for dinner. I took inventory of what we had in our fridge and got to work. I did things a tad backwards and thus why our meat ended up being hot dog - because I started steaming the veggies first. :) Oh well it turned out great and my son ate it! That is what is key!

Ingredients:
2 cups of broccoli
10 cherry tomatoes halved
1/2 an onion chopped
1 hot dog

I steamed everything individually and then tossed it all together - the hot dog I just tossed in the microwave. It was yummy and super easy.

No comments: