1 slice of bread (I find potato bread works great!)
- Butter both sides of the bread and then cut a circle about 1-2 inch(es) in diameter
- Place a dollop of butter in the frying pan over a medium heat, place bread in and cook bread on both sides for a short time (starting to get it toasted, but not quite)
- Then crack the egg into the hole. I like to stir the yolk a bit so it's more 'scrambled'
- Cook on each side for as long as you like to get the egg consistency you want (over easy, medium, etc.)
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and serve
They are super easy, pretty quick and not very much clean up. For my son I serve it with ketchup and let him 'dip' - which he is quite fond of. He ususally will eat one piece of bread and one whole egg this way - and that is great!