photo 365.jpg

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Knothole Eggs

These are quickly becoming a staple in our house - my MIL makes a mean one! In fact when she was visiting Easter weekend she made them, and then the other night my husband made them again for dinner. Our son took to them right away - and if I can get him to eat egg that's GREAT! That's good protein!

Ingredients:
butter
1 slice of bread (I find potato bread works great!)
1 egg
garlic salt

Directions:
  • Butter both sides of the bread and then cut a circle about 1-2 inch(es) in diameter
  • Place a dollop of butter in the frying pan over a medium heat, place bread in and cook bread on both sides for a short time (starting to get it toasted, but not quite)
  • Then crack the egg into the hole. I like to stir the yolk a bit so it's more 'scrambled'
  • Cook on each side for as long as you like to get the egg consistency you want (over easy, medium, etc.)
  • Sprinkle with garlic salt and serve


    They are super easy, pretty quick and not very much clean up. For my son I serve it with ketchup and let him 'dip' - which he is quite fond of. He ususally will eat one piece of bread and one whole egg this way - and that is great!

No comments: