photo 365.jpg

Sunday, June 14, 2009

I just wanted a mocha...

So I had to wait a few days to post about this. Wait for my mood to lighten, to find this amusing... because the day it occurred... I found it anything but amusing.

See the thing is I love iced mochas, but I do not love to pay $4.50+ for a decent sized iced mocha. So I decided to make one at home. Now I've done this before with NO issue what so ever. However, the day from hell this day was a bit of a challenge, I was already nursing a headache and some caffeine was just in order. How do I make an iced mocha at home? I make exceptionally strong coffee. Pour two shots into the martini-shaker along with some chocolate syrup and then I shake. This is where it all went wrong. (I'll say here I've done this before with no issue!) I could have sworn the lid was on tight when I went to shake and THIS happened.

Everywhere. EVERYWHERE!! It's on the floor, the cupboards, the fridge, the stove... MY SON! I stood their stunned for a long time. A long time. Then I decided I needed to preserve this on film, so that when my husband came home and wondered why I was in such a foul mood... and well, I knew eventually I'd blog about it.

I eventually cleaned up the above mess and still craving the mocha went for round two. I held the top of the martini shaker this time... and do you know what?! It pressure vaulted off! Not nearly as big of a mess since I was holding the top, BUT it made me feel much better about the first mess. I had put the lid of tight but due to the hot coffee the pressure caused the eruption. So for a few seconds I was happy that the first mess wasn't my entire fault. That quickly faded when I looked down to see MORE coffee and chocolate all over the counter AGAIN. I persisted, I hadn't dumped all the coffee out this time and damn it now I really needed caffeine and chocolate. I cleaned up round two and finished my mocha. And I enjoyed every bit of it.

So if you're wanting to risk the mess my recipe for an iced mocha is: 2 shots of strong coffee, as much chocolate as you want, fill with milk - mix and pour over ice. You can also add a little bit of half and half if you want to make it a little thicker and ridiculously unhealthy, but I don't find it necessary - but apparently that's what they do at my local coffee stand. Yikes.

11 comments:

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

I'm glad you can laugh about it now. And you were on it with taking the pictures!

sian said...

One of those days you just need some wine at night to let the days events sink in! So glad you can laugh now..love your site!

S Club Mama said...

Love the 2nd pic especially. I see the baby going "where's mine?"

Stacie said...

LOL certainly not funny the day it happend. At least you can laugh now!

Stesha said...

Sorry about the mess, but I got a much need laugh out of it.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

Gotta love those days!!

I was putting socks away the other day, felt a sneeze coming on and should have moved but didn't. I cut my lip by wacking my face off my husbands sock drawer. I should have just went back to bed right then because everything else was downhill from there that day.

And NO, I am not going to blog about that day!!

Thank you for sharing yours though!

Lindy said...

lol - I think I would've paid the $4.50+ :)

Alison said...

BUMMER! Commenting from Taipei airport on my way home...last Asian blog visit for you!

Kathy said...

Honestly, I had trouble laughing AT you..until I saw the sweet little face peaking over the safety gate.

Color Printing said...

LOL. The mocha was all over your son too?
Aww... next time just be extra careful.
Hope you're doing better now! :)

Kekibird said...

Glad you got your mocha in the end. Sorry about the mess. I always hate it when I make a mess myself. That's what I have a 3.5 year old boy for!