photo 365.jpg

Friday, June 19, 2009

Walking - Phase Two

My son is walking. Two and a half weeks ago I was reporting that he was up to 4 independent steps and post this video. Since then he has surpassed the need for counting. Last count was 25 steps; now we don't even bother counting them. He's walking. All over the place. I'm so proud of my little man. He started to take steps in this 9th month of life and before he turns 10 months he's going to perfect the art of bipedalism!

At the moment he's about 50/50 - it is still a full body experience as he walks - he keeps his shoulders up high around his neck and toddles along, eventually establishing that crawling is by far quicker - but he can walk if he wants. Where is the video? Yah I'm working on that - I have several videos with a few steps, but he's doing so well and walking across ROOMS that I wanted to get more than just a few steps on film. He's been less than compliant. It's as if he knows what I'm after and refuses to give it to me. In fact I'm convinced this same mental game is true with the word "mama" I'll save that gem for another blog.

Ace is walking and he's not even 10 months old.


7 comments:

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

WHen I first saw this I though "Spaghetti??!?!?)
LOL
It's yarn isn't it?

They get big so fast. John is 10 months and cruising. Some days I miss the, sit in one spot days!

Lindy said...

He's destined for greatness!!!

This picture is adorable. Although, I'm not sure what the fascination with yellow yarn is - my daughter LOVED playing with it too. Oh well, if it keeps them happy, who am I to question.

Barely Domestic Mama said...

Oh my goodness! My Little Monkey was walking at 9 months, too. It is terrifying when they figure out running by 10 months because they don't seem to grasp the falling down and getting hurt cautiousness as they would if they were 12 month+ walkers. Oh and I didn't hear the word mama until my son was 2. Yes, I said 2! He said everything else, but mama.

Stacie said...

LOL I thought it was spaghetti too!! He is so darn cute!

Helene said...

Sounds like he's perfected the Frankenbaby walk! I used to love when all my kids just started walking...watching them stagger along with their shoulders all hunched up...used to crack me up!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog...your little one is adorable!

Melissa aka Equidae said...

ohhh how sweet he looks mine just turned 5 months but doesnt crawl yet

Color Printing said...

Woah, that's great! Actually, my mom told me that I was able to walk too before I even reached one year old. And I didn't have to crawl! Sometimes I think she's exaggerating. LOL. :D