photo 365.jpg

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Ready to Pop - Baby Shower Decor

I love planning parties! I love themes, color schemes, and photographing it all! My friend Angie and myself were in charge of a baby shower last weekend and we went with the theme 'Ready to Pop'  our inspiration began with this pin and thus our color scheme of hot pinks, orange and yellow was established and after some talking through the theme we were set and the execution was a lot of fun!  

I went to the local craft store bought about $10 worth of cardstock and got to work with their die cut machine and began to prepare our decor for the party.  A few trips to Michaels (for the balloon tub, the plates, vase, and hot pink/orange tins - all 40% off, plus $15 off that with coupon!) and Target (for the table cloth, tray, frappacinno glasses, mini-waters, and both popcorn bowls...one is actually a planter), a final online trip to Amazon (for the straws, dart balloons, and cake pop covers) and a party theme is born!

The food and drinks were inspired by all things that 'pop' - Italian soda pop, popcorn chicken, pop rocks on the cupcakes, Pringles (Pop the top!), Tootsie pops, jalapeno poppers, and a delicious tasty mix of popcorn that Angie found and prepared!

You just can't have a 'Ready to Pop' party without balloons and the way we incorporated them was to fill a bucket full of balloons (I used dart balloons they pop really well!) that had wacky quotes from the book 'What to Expect in the First Year' - then at the bottom of the bucket was a copy of the book for the mommy to be.   We used this as a kick start activity to her opening presents. :)


Activities included bow and headband making the the area for said activity was equally as inspirational in thematic color as the rest of the space.  The $4.99 Target table cloth really made the space (and saved her gorgeous dining room table!)


Don't forget your Cake*POP*! As a thank you for coming!

We had a lot of fun plotting and planning - and I always love when a plan comes together so well!  If you're interested in the labels (2"x7.5") for the water  - feel free to message me and I will email you the PDF.  Stay tuned for a post about the event itself.  :)

Angie and I with our party girls*! 


* No my daughter's dress was not planned to match the theme.
I bought that for $3 on consignment a year ago and when
I went to get her dressed that morning I found it!
It was serendipitous!  My bracelets however were deliberate! :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you please send me the pdf for she water labels. guajardoamy@yahoo.com Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I would love to have the pdf for the water labels. Can you send those to lavettecb@yahoo.com? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Could you please send me the pdf for the water labels? Love this theme and your thoughts were wonderful.

In Appreciation,

keeben32@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Could also send me the pdf for the water labels?? Thank you ploor03@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Your rady to Pop party was really cute\! could you please send me the pdf for the water bottle thanks! milenatej@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Can you please send me the PDF for the labels...
missyahyahgoodies@yahoo.com thx.

Anonymous said...

Can I get the PDF labels they are a cute. Email is amanda_jzimm@hotmail.com.

Anonymous said...

I would love to have the PDF for the bottles. Thank u so much Kitbergman@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Please send me the PDF, do you know if the color is changeable?

Anonymous said...

Please send me the PDF for the water bottles
edwardsfamily@live.com

Anonymous said...

Can you please send me the PDF for the water bottle to Mnmyeoman@aol.com? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi.. I would love the pdf for the water labels... Thanx a lot. This is just what I was looking for. coweyes886@cox.net

Unknown said...

This theme is so cute. My daughter inlaw wants to use it so we are going to do this. I love the color scheme. Could you please send me the water labels pdf and the cake pop tags if you have them pdf. Thank you so very much..

marcie32771@gmail.com