photo 365.jpg

Sunday, February 1, 2009

February?!

Really? 2009 is off to a rolling start and what a year it's been so far. Ace of course is growing and evolving into a little boy every day. Daily I can see the baby leaving him as he grows into a pre-teen! Ok ok it isn't that bad, but still - he's growing up so fast! In January we have experience the first haircut, first "solid" food, first tooth! In fact we've experienced all of that this past week! Yep, Ace after much teething has finally cut his first tooth. I still haven't gotten a clear view of it - but it's certainly there when he chews on my finger.

Today was a lovely day, although a brisk 45'... Loving Husband, Ace and I enjoyed a walk to the local coffee shop about a mile away from us. It was nice to get out and walk around for a bit. Tonight I worked on my Etsy shop and got a bit more inventory listed. I believe that I have certainly achieved my January GAM. I'll have to think long and hard what my February goal will be - it's a short month, I'll figure it out sometime later today! :)

I am so excited today for my dear friend Lori and her family! They have been chosen by a birth mother and are going to adopt a baby boy that is due to arrive at the end of February! I was so excited when I read the post that I squealed out loud, waking up my very sleepy boy who was snoozing in my lap. Oops! It was totally worth it because they have been waiting for so long for their second child to bless their lives! Congrats! I can't wait to watch little William Matthew grow up just as much as I've enjoyed watching Garrett grow! I also need to get started on another quilt. Perhaps Matthew will get his before his second birthday.

We did our taxes and I have to say I love having a house and a baby as deductions! It is certainly nice to be done with them and not have to worry about all that until next year.

But seriously, how can it be February already?! Ah well - before I know it I'll be saying the same thing about March, April... and so on!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Thanks for such a wonderful paragraph about our family! We've actually decided on Matthew David because Matthew means Gift of God and this is nothing if not a complete gift. I am so blessed to have you as such a fantastic friend.