photo 365.jpg

Monday, February 16, 2009

Awards!

I love award shows! I love the red carpet shows beforehand and I love to watch (most) of the speeches. I think the Golden Globes is my favorite because it is a bit more relaxed and almost anything can happen. Anyone remember when the Christina Lehti won the Golden Globe in 1998? Oh man so funny, and WOW I didn't realize that was 11 years ago! Classic - but don't get me wrong the Oscars are amazing too... I think my favorite thing about the award shows since watching is the DVR! Yes, while i enjoy *most* of the speeches there are a few categories and acceptance speeches that I couldn't care less about, so it's GREAT to be able to fast forward in certain parts :) So why am I babbling on about award shows when the Oscars are still a few weeks off? BECAUSE!!!

I won my first blogging awards!!! YAY! I am sooo excited and honored! Julie over at Every Day is a Crazee Day presented me with these award last week and I wanted to be sure to take good care to properly thank and do the award justice. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I was NOT in the bathroom at the time of winning these awards... I was MORE likely changing a diaper! ;-)

Here are the rules for these awards:

1). List 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig
deep!
  • I could eat McDonald's every day. I regularly eat it within the week.
  • I desperately want long, stick straight (like hop out of shower it dries that way), DARK hair... but my hair is super wavy and won't hold color for longer than a week. One out of three ain't bad.
  • I have had over 100 xrays/mris but never had a broken bone.
  • I have tried and failed at learning three musical instruments: the flute, violin, and piano. I have no dedication to practice and for sure NO natural talent.
  • I started a book club because I love to read and discuss books with others.
  • I once made a bet with a boy in my youth group that I wouldn't go a month without shaving my legs and he lost and had to shave his (it was December... way to think that through guy!)
  • I stayed up for 52 hours straight (after several weeks of late nights) finalizing my final paper for Legal Writing and got a 98% on it.
  • My favorite area of the law to work is estate planning as it covers many issues: family law, real estate, property, business...
  • I can distictly remember waiting for my dad to come home from work one night to head to a father-daughter ho-down and attending that event. It is one of my most vivid memories from under 12.
  • I met my husband 3 months after a bad break up and the first thing he heard from me was me telling the group the soap opera of a summer I had just had... I'm surprised he ever spoke to me again. :)
2). Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
KDLOST at FROGGITY (We have much in common and I love her tales of morning adventures and her shared obsession with Lost!)
Lori at Livin' in a Fishbowl (A dear friend of mine from college who is amusing and heartfelt in her sharing of her struggles and triumphs in life.)
Stacy at That Luce Girl's Art (She's so crafty! Check out all her amazing works of art! She's so versitile too.)
Piera at Jolly Mom (She has wonderful giveaways for moms AND great opinions on different products! Check out her Make Something Mondays.)
Rachel at Following In My Shoes (I just love every post she puts up. They are always witty or insightful and lots of fun to read. Her daughter is adorable!)
Kristen at La Dolce Vita (I love her featured readers AND her jewlery is so wonderful! Check it out!)
Carey at Not Quite Martha Stewart (Her blog is so much fun and I love Adam's reviewing/approval of blogs! It's too cute. I not-so secretly hope that one day he approves of mine!)

2 comments:

FROGGITY! said...

awww thanks friend! :)

Lori said...

Thanks! I saw this a couple of days ago and I am in deep thought on the matter. I fully plan to put it into a blog post just as soon as I can think of some honest and interesting things. :-)