photo 365.jpg

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Baby bonked...

Yep that's what happened today. Ace is enjoying tumbling all around on the floor these days and so he's becoming quite independent. He is also quite determined. Also he's kind of bossy. While on the floor scooting around he is yelling at his toys to fall in line (or something like that.) Yes, my son yells at his toys. I wish we had a translator to explain to me what exactly he's saying to them. Sometimes his yelling is hard to distinguish between frustration. I am not the mommy to instantly rush and pick up their child as soon as he gets frustrated (no judgment if you are that mommy) I usually let him work out his frustration, if possible, by allowing him to roll over, etc...

During his playtime I was taking this time to use two hands to do some blog-commenting! So my eyes were not permanently pasted to my child. I glanced up a few times to ensure his frustrations were well within his control and continued to type. At the time I saw him nearing his giraffe at the edge of the blanket. He really was trying to get himself over to his giraffe. He seemed to be traveling to it just fine - until the frustration started - I didn't look up immediately and I think that resulted in a few bonks before the meltdown. Yes, my baby hit a roadblock and being the determined ::cough:: stubborn child-of-mine he is he tried to break through that roadblock to the detriment of his head. Yes he was stuck from reaching his giraffe by the rocking chair - he was banging his head against the foot of the rocker - ouch! He had a big red spot where he had bonked his head and he had big tears and wails to accompany it.

It was very sad and in addition to the pain it was almost nearly nap time, so our expression of pain was even more dramatic. He eventually calmed down and nursed himself to sleep... the picture is after his nap so the dramatic red is gone, but there is a mark above left eye closer to the hair line. I think it is a bruise for him because he wimpers when he touches it. This is the first of what I'm certain is only the beginning of many bangs, bruises, cuts and scrapes for my inevitably active boy.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Yes, they will be many more bangs, bumps, tumbles, falls, scrapes, ..... but he is such a darling.

Kati said...

Ahh! Poor thing! He is super cute!!

Mom said...

Poor Baby... did you ask him "if he hurt the chair?"

LORI said...

WHAT A CUTIE PATOOTIE! THANKS FOR VISITING MY BLOG A FEW DAYS BACK, I'VE BEEN OUT OF IT FOR A FEW DAYS WITH SINUS GUNK, SO JUST GETTING BACK TO THE BLOGGING WORLD!

mommy4life said...

Maybe he has a future as a drill sargeant - yelling at his toys and all?!