photo 365.jpg

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

 Ace was old enough this year on his third Halloween to enjoy the joys of pumpkin carving. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of carving pumpkins, I find it more laborious than exciting and my creative streak isn't really feeling it when it comes to being crafty with a pumpkin. So for me, I can certainly leave it... so can Loving Husband. However, I feel it is important to still allow Ace to experience the 'fun' that is pumpkin carving. So 'we' helped Ace carve his first pumpkin! OK I'll cop to the fact that I mostly documented the event in film while dad did all of the laborious and messy work. :)

Ace helped his dad clean the guts out of the pumpkin, enjoyed sampling both the guts and a piece of the pumpkin (we actually had to stop him from eating more...) and he got to choose what he wanted his face to look like and chose the shape for the eyes and nose. He enjoyed helping his dad carve each of the shapes, and especially enjoyed popping the carved pieces out.


When all was done, he was excited to put a light (a nice LED non-candle variety) in it and watch it glow! He was very proud of his pumpkin - and I'm glad he enjoyed his first experience carving a pumpkin.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Cute!!! We plan on pumpkin carving this weekend. :)