photo 365.jpg

Sunday, October 17, 2010

28 Weeks - Third Trimester

We have entered the final round of this pregnancy! The third trimester has arrived! Yipee! And wow that was fast in retrospect. :) Seven months pregnant and working on the eighth. Certainly feeling bigger and more winded!

Mae is a mover and a squirmer and less of a kicker (to date) than her brother. Ace used to get into one spot and kick over and over - whereas Mae is content to swim and when she gets stuck she uses an elbow, a heel, a knee... something SHARP to dislodge herself and continue her flip. OUCH! I'm not sure which I prefer... but at least she's going to have to cease a lot of that pretty soon as she's going to run out of room to make laps in there. Yes, Baby's crown to rump length is about 10.2 inches. Which is about the size of amusement park cinnamon-sugar-coated churro. Baby weighs about 2.4-2.75 pounds. She is about 2/3rds of the size that she will be if she goes full term. Her eyes now have color, and she can blink her eyes some now, and regulate her own temperature a bit.

Nesting has been quite a big event in the last few weeks around here. In the last week I have painted, built furniture, even pruned one of our trees outside - in addition to all other standard household tasks. I'm starting to run out of steam, but somehow keep going! It's amazing - my house will be sad when we're done with this pregnancy. :) Ace is super jazzed that he's able to play in his sister's room now, loves that he can play with his toys in there and often brings books in there because he wants to 'give this one to sister' :)

We've entered into the phase starting this week that I will be seeing the doctor every other week. We saw her two weeks ago and Mae's heart rate was 148bpm. That's the highest it's been to date - but still lower than her brother's average. Funny since the wives's tale is that the lower beats per minute indicate boy... Ace and Mae both defy that theory. :) I've had my glucose test and no gestational diabetes for me and the other test is normal (forget which one that is... but it's normal!) I am however still low on iron... which I have been for weeks now but I only gave in now and agreed to take the Slow FE daily. I'm not a huge fan of taking the extra iron, but I'll do it - since iron now is very good to help brain growth.

Now time for the pictures.




Uh oh where'd he go!?

He's very excited to meet his sister who comes 'after Christmas' :)There he is!

No comments: