photo 365.jpg

Monday, July 12, 2010

14 Weeks

The sun has been out and it has been lovely! I'm at a nice manageable size that the heat isn't really affecting me - which is a nice change from my first pregnancy - I certainly feel for those pregnant friends of mine that are much further along now! Luckily today is cooler - which is delightful.

Today baby is the size of a lemon or the size of a flip phone. Baby has tripled in size from three weeks ago. Baby's crown to rump length is 9-10 cm or 3.5-4.0 inches. Baby weighs about 50 grams or 1.75 ounces. It's crazy how fast they grow. This week begins the time when baby starts inhaling and exhaling - practicing breathing.

Baby is moving more gracefully and purposefully now, or so I'm told ;) I still am not really feeling baby move on a regular basis yet. Although I'm hopeful any day now - since with a second pregnancy 14 weeks seems to be the more 'magical' number for feeling the baby. Baby also has finger prints now - that are just how they are going to be forever. That's pretty crazy to think about.

I haven't been terribly sick at all in a couple of weeks now. I still am getting a wave of nausea every now and then and the last two days 'exhaustion' has returned. Hoping all of that exits my system before our trip to Hawaii.

No comments: