photo 365.jpg

Sunday, January 27, 2008

10 Weeks

The holidays are over (and finally all packed away) Valentine's day is quickly approaching which I am very much looking forward to, not so much for the red and pink holiday (although always nice) but because it means I will be in my final week of my first trimester. Yep for those of you that have been sleeping under a rock since new years, Loving Husband and I are 10 weeks pregnant and counting.

We had our first doctor's appointment where we got to see the baby for the first time. It was so exciting! The baby was dancing around inside and wiggling and for all the effort of Megan our nurse practitioner could not get the baby to angle for a profile shot, guess like its momma it doesn't mind the camera. J Although the baby was wiggling around on screen it is much to soon for me to feel the baby, because well it's about the size of two noworlaters (a peanut is such an overused descriptor). I won't be able to feel the baby moving until around 20 weeks give or take a week or two. We didn't meet our doctor on that appointment; we will meet her on February 13th. We did however walk out of that appointment with 3 lovely first pictures of our little one.

Now I know my page says "It's a Surprise" but really that's just because we won't be able to find out the sex of the baby until April – and while there are other gender neutral options, this was the cutest for this week. Many people ask what we want and like many things in Loving Husband and my life we of course cannot agree… I would love a girl, but I also want a boy…. But since I have Loving Husband and two male cats in the house --- a little more estrogen could be nice, eh? Loving Husband says the cats don't count since we ahem… chopped off their manhood…. BUT I say it still does and a little girl would be lovely, plus Vanessa and I went shopping yesterday and there are such CUTE tiny clothes and shoes for baby girls J Yep now I have two people I can buy shoes for!!! Loving Husband however would love a boy! He'd adore a daughter too, but he's hoping for the boy first. Everyone around us thinks its a girl… I don't have a strong "feeling" one way or another yet. We just want the baby to be happy and healthy and not overdue!! August can be hot here.

The first trimester has been quite a roller coaster, sometimes I feel great… others like death. Today was leaning more towards death, just was not up to snuff today. That has passed for the most part and now I am just sitting listening to some calming music and writing this blog. J So far the pregnancy hasn't been anything out of the ordinary, nothing too hard to handle, I've been blessed with the ability to stay home, not work and just do what I want throughout the day. I enjoyed setting up the baby registry at Target and in another couple of months I'll enjoy putting the nursery together. So, I will keep everyone updated as time goes on. Loving Husband and I thank everyone for their prayers and support.

No comments: