photo 365.jpg

Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Day!

Snow Day!!! I've been waiting and waiting all winter for you to arrive, I woke up with excited anticipation on Sunday morning in the hopes that the 2-3inches predicted would be on the ground or falling as I awoke… I awoke to the sun… and grass. What the heck? So when I read the report for last night I just shrugged it off and went to bed. Now being in my third month of pregnancy my body is starting to decide that I need to urinate 40 zillion times a night…. I don't understand WHY Month 3 is the Golden Month (pun intended) but for whatever reason it is… I digress. I was up headed to the bathroom when I looked out the window across the hall and it look eerily bright and hazy (although without glasses everything is hazy so I wasn't too expectant of anything real… maybe a little fog) When I looked out the window everything was white and more white was falling. J Yay! Now at this stage we have had a half-dozen snow "storms" that have dropped this amount of snow and it is all gone within a couple of hours because the bleeping rain comes through and takes away all the fun. So I go to bed not terribly expecting much. Yes, I am a skeptic. I wake up again about an hour later and there's even more snow, I go to bed smiling, it would take a bit oh water to wash it ALL away this time.

I wake up this morning around 7:30 (yuck, I quit work for a reason, ya know?!) and the snow is falling at a lovely steady rate and all the trees are sagging due to fresh snow weighing them down. There's at least three-four inches out on our deck… and so what do we decide to do?? Loving Husband takes a Snow-Day! (Well he is working now from home…) and bundle up and take the kitties outside with us. Well, only Nick… Tort is still hiding under the bed. Weird scardy-cat. Nick enjoys exploring out and around the house and a bit in the neighborhood – all the kids are out building snowmen and playing on sleds in the cul-de-sac. It's so fun! Loving Husband and I had snowball fights and made snow angels for about an hour – then I couldn't feel my fingers. Now I'm back inside and enjoying the blue sky and the sun shining on the snow while I sip my hot cocoa! It can't get any better than that!!! J Happy Monday, Everyone!

No comments: