photo 365.jpg

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mama!

You know that phrase "swells with pride" it isn't just a phrase of adding motion to something that doesn't have movement - this really exists. When my daughter out of no where said "mama" and smiled at me that is exactly what I felt: a swell of emotion from the depths of my chest through my heart and spilling out my eyes. My daughter uttered her first word at the YOUNG age of 4 months and 17 days old and it was about ME!

She was sitting in her swing and I was sitting next to her and she was cooing away and making noise and then out of no where she just said "MAMA" very clear and precise and then I looked at her and she got the biggest grin on her face and started kicking her feet in excitement. Ace who was zoned into a tv show even turned around and said "mom, sister talked! ... she said mama!" I know!!! I'm so excited. I can't stop grinning.

I'm so happy for her and her advancements and I know that this 'mama' might be a rare treat until a few months down the line and I know that 'mama' will be used for other things and babbled about - just the same as after Ace said 'dada' for the first time - but I'll give (and take) credit where credit is due and my little girl has said her first word and it was for/to me! :) I love her. She makes me smile every day.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm sort of afraid that your children are going to be captured by some government agency and used for their insane intelligence.

Seriously. They're, like, mini geniuses.