photo 365.jpg

Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Betrayal

Yes, it is true. I have been betrayed. It always starts out so rosy and then it happens! You sacrifice your figure, your perky breasts, and your super-human metabolism and bam the thanks is forgotten! You're their food, their comfort 90% of the day, and the parent they are most attached to. Their first sound they make is "mmmmmmmm" (you see where I'm going with this) you're hopeful that YOUR child will be among the few, the proud, the brilliant! And then one day your still very smart, intelligent, and advanced son, my son, opens his mouth and says "Dada!"

What?! Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! 30 hours of labor and Dada gets to be called first? I tried to deny it. I tried to chalk it up to "it's just the sounds he's working out" he had been working with babababa for a while. I even attempted to negotiate a compromise with Ace and have BALL be his first word. No dice. Communication broke down somewhere between bababa and the raspberries. So that's it, it has been established. The betrayal has been executed. My son has uttered his first word: "Dada" (YAY!!!)

My only solace to this tragic thrilling event is that while I am convinced he does recognise Loving Husband as "dada" (because he looks up at LH and will start saying dadadadadada and reaching for him) he also says it just to hear himself talk to his toys, in the car, on the changing table..... :) But you can't deny their love for each other, I mean look at 'em! And I really am thrilled (and betrayed)! My son uttered his first word a little over 6.5 months old! He's a smartie that one!

5 comments:

Barely Domestic Mama said...

Awwww. I remember that feeling. Although, my son unlike the other kids around his age were saying mom shortly thereafter like two or three months later. I didn't hear mom until my son was almost 13 or 14 months. I still only hear it once in a blue moon.

That picture of Aiden with his dad is so cute!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

LOL! I'm so sorry, little turkey butt ;). super cute picture!

Ter said...

Why hello there, thank you for hopping by my blog tonight (this morning) and I hope you'll hop by again!

MDtripmom said...

That sounds familiar! We're just at the stage of first words at our home too. One of my daughters betrayed me as well but just this week, my other daughter has been saying "MAMA" but only when she's upset! It will be interesting to hear what my son's first word will be. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

UPrinting said...

Ooh, my mom must have felt the same way. She said "dada" is also the first word that I uttered when I was still a baby. And honestly, I feel bad just thinking about that fact! :(
Poor mommy...