photo 365.jpg

Sunday, March 20, 2011

A break from the heavy stuff...

For more of the precious and fun stuff. :) I recently acquired a new camera. I've been salivating for YEARS over DSLR cameras. I've used them, I oggle over other people's shots, and I have had an unhealthy love for them... ok maybe not quite that dramatic... or maybe so. ;-) Needless to say - I've wanted one. It finally became an option recently - and I am now the proud owner of a Canon Rebel T2i and two lenses the 18-135mm and the 50mm f/1.8 II. I'm lovin' them both! I've been able to capture some great shots.



First shot out of the box using the 50mm lens

On auto and flash was used. The crispness was so exciting to me. Now to be fair to my point and shoot - it has a pretty good quality as well... but I have way more control with this camera and that's what I've been wanting for so long... so I got the little girl out of the car seat and got to shooting! :)


Loving the 50mm


I played with the settings and enjoyed seeing how I could get the bokeh just how I like it. I also love the picture on the top right - she's got the expression of THAT camera is way bigger in my face - what's going on?! hehe Ace came home with dad a little while later and I was able to see how well the camera did with action shots! Let me say AMAZING!


A few days later I decided to enjoy another photoshoot with Mae during Ace's nap. It was great. :) Mae loves to look at the camera which is great for capturing shots - and 3.2 frames per second certainly ensures I'll capture a good picture. :)


This is Mae last Monday at the beginning of her bout with RSV



This boy has no 'baby' left in him at all!

A good opportunity to play with the camera a bit more was the dedication of every one's favorite twins! Yep Blana's twins were dedicated last Sunday and it was great to be able to attend and capture some shots their event. :) This time during the dedication I broke out the 18-135mm lens so that I could get some zoom action.

I'm so excited for all the adventures to come that I'll be able to use this new camera to capture lots and lots of memories. :)

I was a fair distance away to capture this, so smiley Kaylee!

No comments: