photo 365.jpg

Monday, August 2, 2010

17 Weeks

I've entered the honeymoon phase! Also the occassionally nervous phase. You see when I was vomitting, dizzy, headaches, etc... I knew that baby was happy and torturing mommy just as s/he should. But now I'm feeling good - but baby still isn't kicking around yet (legs aren't quite strong enough yet to feel) so occassionally I don't feel pregnant at all. The belly is still there, but still - it's a weird feeling from feeling sooo pregnant to feeling nearly normal. I'm not complaining and I'm not a constant ball of stress - but occassionally I get a wave of worry. Ultimately though, God is in charge and everything will work out as it should.

Baby's crown to rump length is 13.5 cm or 5.3 inches. Baby is the size of an onion or a baked potato (which sounds delicious and might just be our lunch today!) Baby weighs about 150-200 grams or 5.3-7.0 ounces. Fine hair called lanugo is starting to appear. Baby's fingerprints and toeprints are forming. Baby's teeth beginning to form enamel. Crazy how all of this happens all so quickly.

This past week Baby (and the rest of the family) traveled to Hawaii... so why I don't have official 'baby bump' progress pictures - I do happen to have some of me around Hawaii. :) A full Hawaii post will be coming shortly!


1 comment:

Crystal said...

Congrats on the baby! I remember feeling the same way - sometimes not pregnant, even though the tummy is there. Stopping by from SITS!