photo 365.jpg

Sunday, September 20, 2009

MOH - The Bridal Shower

Where have I been? Oh well you see - I am in California. Why? For the second most anticipated event of wedding festivities: the bridal shower. As the Matron of Honor it is my duty honor to throw the bride, my best friend, her bridal shower and today we did just that. Yes together with the Mother of the Bride, we planned the bride a very exciting shower. With 35 guest attending, there were games, laughs, presents and Cold Stone ice cream cake! I created the guest favors: little bags with tea and candy - and made the bride a towel cake with some silk flower decor.













The festivities got started with the first game of how well does the bride know the groom. For every answer she got wrong she was decorated with more colorful excitement turning her into a beautifully colored bride-to-be. She got 14 questions right out of 32. Not too shabby, some of them were nearly impossible. It was quite amusing.


Then of course the traditional toilet paper bride game had to be played. It was great fun! The shortest bride one. The bride may or may not be biased as this is her (soon-to-be) step-daughter.

Of course there were presents to be had, some for the home, some for the bedroom in the home ;-) and then of course there were other things occurring while she opened her gifts. The bouquet was made and the notations made of what she said after she opened each gift. hehe. Of course when the list of her reactions to presents was read, they of course were revealed that these were things Becky would say on her wedding night! It was amusing!

On the invitations that I made, I requested that everyone bring an item or two to help stock the bride and groom's new pantry and what a blessing - the guest delivered! They are set!

And then of course there was ice cream cake, and my best friend and I being silly. I am so glad she had such a good time. She deserves only the best.




2 comments:

Kristen said...

Sounds like fun! Her pantry is totally stocked. I love the wedding night sayings game. Too funny. So how are you enjoying the heat out here?

Brochure Printing said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. I love the cake, that must be so delicious!

Seems like you guys had a pretty safe bridal shower... I once attended a bridal shower that got a little... eherm, naughty. ;)