photo 365.jpg

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Married Christmas Memories

I decided to put up my past Christmas photos of Loving Husband and I since we’ve been married and I thought it would be nice to write a blog about them.
2004

2004: our first Christmas together as a married couple. We enjoyed the beginning of a tradition which is our Christmas stockings. Filling them with little items for each other and then opening them alone together. This particular year we opened them before driving up to Berdo on Christmas Eve morning.

2005

Christmas 2005 was an exciting and busy time for us. Loving Husband had just gotten a job in the NW and so we were busy with the usual holiday bustle and the additional stress of packing him to move to the NW 6 months before me. We enjoyed Christmas with my family on Christmas day and then flew to the NW a few days later.

2006

Loving Husband and I opened our stockings up in our bedroom alone – while my mom and grandma slept, who were visiting to celebrate Christmas with us for our first Christmas in the NW. My aunt and uncle also joined us for the celebration, along with all of Loving Husband’s family. All in all we had 12 for Christmas dinner. It was a wonderful time.

2007

We were first time homeowners! The tree was the first thing we moved into the house… and two weeks later we learned that we were pregnant. What a wonderful holiday season it was. We celebrated Christmas in California with my family and flew home on Christmas night to get ourselves ready for our annual new years party. Christmas stockings didn’t actually get exchanged until mid-January (oops!) but with moving, painting, travel and parties to plan stocking stuffers got demoted, but we enjoyed an evening after all the decorations were down exchanging stockings.

2008

There are many firsts that come with this Christmas. It is the first with our son and the first without my family. Yep it’s true. I have spent Christmas day (or eve) with my family every year of my life. It’s going to be weird, but wonderful all the same.

So may your holidays be equally as wonderful and exciting.

No comments: