photo 365.jpg

Wednesday, June 7, 2006

Packers...

Not the Green Bay kind (even though are my second favorite to the Saints!) ... but those that are packing up my entire life as I sit and observe. It's strange. Also at times disconcerting as to their methods and organization of packing. Sigh. I can't believe that I am leaving So Cal tomorrow! Yah I'll be back in like 20 days for a week for Troy and Jackie's wedding (yay!) but it won't be the same. I won't be a resident of So Cal anymore, I won't even still be a Californian!

It's just hard to believe that 8 years has come and gone and that these past few weeks have gone by even faster. I said goodbye to Shannon, Nikki and Jessica on Saturday (of course I'll see them again!) but it's still sad. Over the past week I sat in Jazz & Java for over 8 hours catching up and saying goodbye to Mark and Rah Rah (hehe!). I said goodbye to my Grandma and my Mom on Monday. It's going to be the hardest to be away from them. Until now, I've been able to drive up if they ever needed me... and although I can still do the same with a quick flight the logistics of it all will be far more taxing (and costly!) I said goodbye to Cassandra today, (THANKS FOR BREAKFAST!) and tonight, I'll say goodbye to Lys. I haven't cried yet... I'm sure Carrie will receive the tsunami force of those tears! But it is all very sad. Yes, I am excited for this new chapter of my life and I am sure the best is yet to come... but it's still incredibly sad.

The movers come tomorrow at 7:30am to disassemble and move to the truck all of what remains of my So Cal life. It's just so hard to believe, hard to fathom. Hard.

Yet, Carrie and I still have a fabulous road trip ahead of us, which I am very much looking forward to! Its going to be great. Friday we head out!!!

No comments: