photo 365.jpg

Sunday, January 1, 2006

Please Pray

Yesterday around 1:30pm I got a call from Dawn to let me know that my dad was unresponsive and that my mom and her had called 911 to transport him. They transported him to the closest hospital because he was too unstable to transfer him to our 'home' hospital and during transport he had a seizure and they had to intubate him. They put him on blood pressure medication because when he first got there it was 83/37. In the afternoon it came up a bit, dropped again in the night, and this morning after my mom got there, it seems to have stabilized a bit and they are currently trying to ween him off of medication for that. His kidneys are fully functional and they are pumping a zillion bags of saleen into him. However, he has not been conscious yet. Mom believes that he can hear her and responds minimally with his eyebrows and furrowing his brow... but he has not opened his eyes since he was transported there. Dawn is there with her again today. However, I finally made the decision to fly back to home later tonight in order to be there with my mom tomorrow, because I am sure that Dawn has to go to work... plus any fun we were planning to have here has been highly overshadowed by my worrying. So, last night we simply cancelled our New Years plans and stayed in. Loving Husband and I finished 24 and I have found the new craze of Sudoku quite mind numbing and had purchased (before the news) a book of puzzles that I did for quite some time. I've been torn about leaving because this was supposed to be a great week of just relaxing and having a good time... but the good time part is gone and I certainly cannot enjoy the  lodge now... so I think it's just going to have to be put on hold. When we reschedule all of that, who knows. Loving Husband will be flying back with me and we'll fly on emergency tickets which are easiest to change the date of the ticket for... so we can come back early, later, etc.. hard to say if mine will be a one-way or a round-trip ticket, we haven't discussed that yet.

Please pray for my dad. They still don't really know what is currently wrong. His catscan came back negative, so he didn't have stroke... so we're not sure if this is simply a result of his body shutting down from all the meds or if it is something fixable. Either way, we all need prayer. More tests are supposed to be run today. Hopefully that will yield some answers.

No comments: