photo 365.jpg

Saturday, January 14, 2006

One Week

It just doesn't seem possible. It doesn't seem fair. It just doesn't seem like it's real. A week ago today, my father died. I am deeply saddened, but at the same time I am happy for him.

For the last 4 years he has been slowly declining in health and in the last 4 months he really hasn't felt like doing much of anything. He had stopped getting on the internet as much, he had stopped watching DVDs because it was too much effort to get up and down to put them in. His quality of life had drastically suffered - and because of that, I can be happy for him that that is over for him.

He can be smiling and happy now. He can argue politics with my grandpa. He can be whole again. I will always have a huge void in my heart to a certain extent, but with time the sadness I feel will be replaced entirely by the happiness I have for him. I'll always be Daddy's Little Girl, regardless of where he is.

I will always have the memories of watching movies at terrible hours of the night. Including on Christmas night watching our last movie together: Scrooged until 2:30am. I’ll think of him every time I watch one of those terrible disaster movies that my dad and I loved to watch back to back: Volcano, Dante’s Peak, Asteroid. I will miss our chats online where we say little, but still managed to keep up with each other. I will miss everything. Love ya, Daddy!

No comments: