photo 365.jpg

Monday, March 17, 2008

Movement!

I like to move it, move it! Well Baby sure does! As we have yet to determine whether Baby is baby Mae or baby Ace, thanks to Carrie who creatively suggestion the combination of the two into baby Mace. So while many people would detest the thought of referring to one’s child as a weapon by name, it is only temporary. In fact in my attempt to find a silver lining definition of mace I actually came across the fact that mace is not only a spray but also a "club which has a heavy head or solid shaft used to bludgeon opponents" isn’t that quaint; but don’t you worry Merriam Webster saves the "name" with this definition "an aromatic spice consisting of the dried external fibrous covering of a nutmeg" And so we can call Baby: Mace until April 7th when we can no more definitively whether it’s a baby Mae or a baby Ace. So onto the real reason for this post! Baby Mace moved on Thursday. It was like two swift kicks to my lower abdomen, it was so exciting. Some people say it feels like "gas" and I suppose I can understand that because when Mace simply moves around in my tummy it is like a swirling feeling. However these were more like internal kicks, which really felt as if I was tapping my insides with my fingers a few times. Since Thursday I have continued to feel Mace move around and thump at me a few times. Mace isn’t kicking strong enough for Loving Husband to feel it on the outside of my belly, but he’s equally as excited.

More to come as Mace continues to grow inside me! Stay tuned!

No comments: