photo 365.jpg

Monday, March 10, 2008

Heartbeats

Woosh woosh woosh...

Yep we heard the baby's heartbeat today. It was very sweet. Sounded like a girl to me. J Well, again I still really want it to be a girl. A lot of why I want a little girl is because many of the babies being born around me at the moment are girls, and let's be serious, although the baby girlfriend/boyfriend combo is super cute for a while... Let's be honest, the second we ladies realized that those little beings aren't also wearing dresses and are eating their own snot and that we could do better sticking with our own kind, toddler girls didn't cease to think toddler boys had "cooties" until they were pre-teens. So the short-term adorable romance that the parents enjoyed fades quite quickly, leaving my could-be-little boy alone, no other little boys around to play with. Oh sure we'll talk about Baby Ace marrying Baby Sabria… but the odds of that happening are rare. So that is one reason I want a baby girl: playmates for Baby Mae!

I talk often about the desire to have a baby girl, but I truly would be equally blessed and equally as happy to have a little boy. Just the same as Loving Husband is very much hoping for a boy, but equally as happy and blessed if it were a girl. I don't have a "feeling" one way or the other. I just have a strong desire, and those "old wives" also seem to think that we're having a girl. Heart beat was 152 today. All signs those "old wives" have point to girl. So while we must wait 27 more days to see if the "old wives" are correct or it's all a bunch of hooey, we are very happy and glad that baby Ace or Mae is doing so well.

No comments: