photo 365.jpg

Sunday, June 27, 2004

My Brother is Married

Yes that is right, my little brother has been married before his big... er... older sister. It was a beautiful wedding and I am all excited for him. I got to be a groomsmaid, grooms man, grooms person? Yes, my brother went the nontraditional route and had both myself and our friend Kelley has his groomsmaids and his friend Philip as his Best Man. Interesting, but we enjoyed the odd job.

The last three weeks have been some serious madness. My little brilliant brother decided to wait until just before the wedding to set the date for the wedding. So all the planning and preparation was completed by myself, Kelley and our family within this short time. And it wouldn't be our family if we hadn't attracted drama along with it all.

Poor Jennifer (my new sister-in-law) Her family is crazy. Correction. Her mother is crazy. Over the last three and a half weeks in which we have been planning this wedding and sending out invitations and telling everyone that there is a wedding going on, invitations have gone out, etc. The crazy mother is fighting like a cat avoiding water to NOT have her daughter marry this awful military man. (Has he even been in the military long enough to be called a military man?) Anyway, she doesn't think that Derek is good enough for her little (oldest daughter) girl. Yadda Yadda Yadda.... Jennifer is constantly greeted with anger, and childish behavor for a few weeks and she moves out and into my parents house. Fed up and still planning to get married, dispite every attempt at following her parents wishes (minus that one about not marrying Derek).

Psycho Mom calls my mom last weekend and goes off on my mom, poor confrontation-avoiding woman (I get it all from my dad) and Psycho-Mom just rips into my mom attacking her character, her education, my father's inability to work because of his disability, and their finiancial status. What a bitch! If I could have reached through that phone.... I was so amazed that this woman would go to such a length to stop a wedding that was going to happen no matter what.

Oh but it gets even better with Psycho-Mom. She later proceeds (later as in the night of the rehersal) to call up her daughter and tell her that she (the psycho-mom) is divorcing Jen's father and that it is all Jen's fault. What the hell is wrong with this woman?!?!?! Fast forward. Wedding wonderful, all of our breaths held that Psycho-mom wouldn't pop in and object (even though that was discretly deleted from the ceremony) No sign of her mom or her dad (a little sad about Dad not being there) Her dad was not all that thrilled but if Psycho-Mom didn't run the house, he probably would have at least shown up. As it was Loving Fiance walked Jen down the aisle and gave her away. It was very nice. So wedding is nice, reception was good, they got some good loot... then they go to their hotel for a while. Out to dinner with all of us. Then they head over to her family's house. Where Psycho-Mom proceeds to tell Derek that "He WON" What the hell?! She's just deliusional.

But that is the drama and planning and madness that I have been dealing with for a while. But it is good, they are happy. And that is all that matters.

Changing of the gears:
I am getting married in 34 days!!!!! It is crazy! I can't even believe how fast this is all coming up. I got my dress fitted on Monday of this past week, I can walk in it now! Yay! I get it back in the middle of July. Other than that, not a whole lot of planning has taken place for my wedding. Been a bit busy.

No comments: