photo 365.jpg

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Eight Years Gone By

It crept up on me again - the reminder that this week marks the beginning of your absence for eight years gone by.    The pain of this day in particular isn't as palpable as it once was.   But a grim feeling and sadness in general typically sneaks up on me this week and until I realize its because of your passing it seems strange.     I miss you without even thinking of you lately.  That seems weird and hard.   I wish you were here to see your grandkids.  I wish you were there for mom.   It's not your fault you're gone, but I so wish you were still here.  I recently received pictures from our Troop and there were some of you.   I love 'new' pictures of you - even if they are decades old.   It makes you seem not so gone.     I miss you.

No comments: