photo 365.jpg

Saturday, August 23, 2008

DUE!

40 weeks, I am officially 10 months pregnant! Now entering into the elephant phase of pregnancy, Ace is holding strong to the inside of my uterus. I had my latest doctor's appointment today and I am 75% effaced and 1.5 cm dilated. The doctor poked and prodded for a while to help things along… and while extremely uncomfortable, if it causes him to get a move on – all the better. He's fully dropped down and ready to come. The doctor believes that he's between 7 and 7.5lbs at the moment. She expects to see me at my appointment on Tuesday (aka unlikely for him to arrive before then) so it's quite possible he'll be a hardy 8lbs upon delivery.

The weather around here has been considerably more tolerable than recent weeks, and therefore the last few days have been manageable and I haven't been beating my head against the wall screaming "get out!" as everyone is aware, we had hoped he'd arrive around 38 weeks. There was hope at my appointment early that week when I was 50% effaced, it could have happened… but no dice and certainly no Ace. J

To recap cravings throughout pregnancy, I didn't really have many. In fact the only things that I craved with a strong desire were: cupcakes in the first trimester, where I HAD to make them at 11pm, which required Loving Husband to leave the house to get oil… Watermelon has been delicious more so than I recall in previous seasons, but I wouldn't say I've craved it… and finally I had a specific craving for oatmeal cookies and green grapes a week or so ago. That was a very satisfying craving fulfilled. Besides that I haven't had a hankering for anything weird or strange. I couldn't stand the smell or taste of butter in the first trimester and eventually that slowly tapered off and I was able to enjoy it again.

Loving Husband and I enjoyed our last (hopefully) baby-free date night for a while on Wednesday, plus an early birthday dinner at PF Changs. Our waiter was really nice and of course (as most people who ask out of the blue "when are you due?") he got quite wide eyed when we said Friday. He brought us three fortunes one for each of us and we enjoyed opening them up. LHs wasn't anything to speak of and so we moved onto mine and then Ace's. My fortune: Everything will now come your way. Ace's fortune: Good news will be coming your way; it will be here any day. We're still holding to the idea that he will be here any day!

I continue to contract and await those contractions to start lasting longer in duration. I think it's the only time in someone's life they are seeking to be in pain. A strange phenomenon. As I continue to wait I am keeping busy with reading. I am currently read three different baby books and breezing through the October book club pick. I also have been contemplating more and more what he looks like… such as hair color, does he have hair, eye color, are his earlobes attached or detached, will he have his daddy or mommy's nose…

Many people are eager for his arrival, and we both appreciate it, but no one is more eager than I am to have him here in my arms. We certainly will let you all know as soon as he is here. Until then, continue to pray for Ace's health, our sanity, and the impending labor that is nearly and FINALLY almost upon us.

No comments: