photo 365.jpg

Sunday, September 4, 2005

Babysitting, Pet Sitting & Weddings!

For all of those itching to know how teaching is going... it's going really well. It is time consuming, challenging and exciting. I love teaching the ethics class and getting the students to really think about ethics rather than adhering to them or denouncing them as a rule that they must "obey"... it's really interesting and has already brought up very interesting topics of conversation. My Argumentation & Debate classes/team are coming together nicely, I've created a great buzz for the event and people are really excited to jump right in. So, that's my teaching experience so far. I'm loving it!

Thursday & Friday of this week I got the pleasure of watching little Aly. This is my (ex) roommate's niece whom lives up in L.A.. Her mommy and daddy and Carrie (the roomie) were all headed to Boston for a wedding. So, I volunteered with excitement to watch Aly (22 months) and adorable as ever. We enjoyed playing in the yard, playing at the mall and watching much Seasame Street! Did you know they now have a spanish word of the day? Interesting. It was a lot of fun. I also got to visit and watch Carrie's kitties one of whom left a wound on my arm. :) See picture below of Aly and one of Carrie's adorable kittens.

Saturday, I passed Aly off to her Mimi (Grandma) and I headed back to So Cal for our friend Brad's wedding. The wedding was wonderful and the reading of Genesis was interesting.... the reading was longer than my entire wedding ceremony and in fact if you would like to read what we heard, please turn to Genesis Chapter 24. Yes, it is in fact 67 verses long and Brad's Grandpa read it ALL, much to the shock and surprise of EVERYONE... Just for perspective people were starting to chat amongst themselves around verse 50... and to make it better, that's all he did... there was no message, lesson or significance attached to the message. Ahh Grandpas.... So, because of Grandpa's reading the ceremony lasted an entire hour. The ceremony was still beautiful- as was the bride and the happy groom. The reception was fun times had by all. :)

So that's what I have been up to. What about you?

No comments: