photo 365.jpg

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Best of 2006

THE BEST OF 2006:

Best Event: Trip to Boston!!!
Best Movie: The Devil Wears Prada (maybe not the best, but the one I was most excited to see)
Best Over-Played Song: When I Get Where I'm Going (reminds me of my dad)
Best Books: The Circle Trilogy
Best New-ity of 06: the NW
Most Shocking News of 06: Derek & Jennifer getting back together! Yay for them!

MW's Word of the Year: truthiness
Jo's Word of the Year: DELICIOUS!

Events of 2006:
1. Moving to the NW!
2. Helped get Carrie's engagement ring.
3. Disneyland trips!!!!
4. Road trip to the NW with Carrie!!
5. A trip to Vegas with the family
6. Moved out of my first apartment after 5 years.
7. My dad died :(
8. Two of my cousins died :(
9. Lived away from Loving Husband for 6 months.
10. Getting a job at BLG

All in all this was a very very hard year for me. Not only did I relocate my life, but many of the people I hold dear left this world, most of them suddenly and tragically. I know there are reasons and times for everything... but that only yields so much comfort amid the loss and confusion. It wasn't all bad, I've made some wonderful new friends this year, one of my best friends is getting married this coming year, I got an amazing job with excellent people... it certainly has been a life altering year for me... and to be honest, I really can't say I'm sad to see 2006 go. I look forward to a better and brighter year.

Bring it on 2007!

No comments: