photo 365.jpg

Monday, June 28, 2010

12 Weeks - 2nd Trimester!!

We've made it! Yipee! I can still recall when we passed this first milestone when I was pregnant with Ace. Breathing a sigh of relieve that we had passed the ultimate first volatile hurdle. And we've reached that point again. Whew! Today, we begin the 4th month of pregnancy.

Baby today is from crown to rump the length is 5-6 cm or 2.0-2.4 inches. So in size reference the size of my pinkie finger, a Vienna sausage, or in the fruit measurements a yummy plum! Baby weighs about 14 grams or 0.5 ounces. Baby this week starts to create insulin, guess I should make sure my diet isn't entirely made of sweets then ;-) Because I certainly crave them! And the liver starts to create bile. Somehow insulin sounds more dressed up and pleasant than 'bile.' But both are good to be developing!

Craving wise thus far have included funfetti cupcakes (as I had with Ace early on) and a LOT of sweets. I also am having baby amnesia at the moment and cannot recall any others at the moment.... ;-) but I know there have been others. Including when I ate blueberry waffles with a dill pickle. Both only tasted good if I had a waffle bite with a pickle 'chaser' bite. That was a pretty bizarre one. Otherwise there's been LOTS of aversions to food, including my beloved McDonald's double cheeseburgers. I keep joking this baby is NOT mine. Guess we're saving some money by not having McDs as often as I did when I was pregnant with Ace. Still not eating that much healthier though, so we'll see how the pounds pack on. :)

My energy level seems to be steadily improving which is wonderful. However, sickness and headaches continue to make their appearances. Although in truth the sickness is far less than it was several weeks ago. So hopefully, we're on the downward trend of those pleasant perks of pregnancy. ;-) We have also entered into the once a month category for pictures. So enjoy the 12 week photos!



No comments: