photo 365.jpg

Friday, January 9, 2009

Please Pray

If there is one thing that I believe in - it is the power of prayer.

"Pray without ceasing" - 1 Thessalonians 5:17

***UPDATE*** on Sunday, January 11th @ 11:00pm My SIL is through the worst of it physically. She will remain in the hospital for a few days for further monitoring, but it looks like prayers have been answered for her safety. There will be no long term damage to her body. Amen. Please continue to pray for her and her husband's emotional healing.

**UPDATE** on Sunday, January 11th @ 12:00pm PST My SIL has gotten her color back and her blood pressure is under control. Things are looking up. Please continue to pray for her healing and strength as this ordeal winds to a close. She is resting now and finally getting some sleep. Thank you all for your concern and prayers!

*UPDATE* @ 7:30pm PST My SIL is currently being treated for high blood pressure and is in the risk zones of a stroke and damage to her organs. She is on iv drips and being monitored very closely. Thank you for your continued prayers.

Today I ask for you to pray. Pray for my sister-in-law, who at this moment is in the hospital. The doctors are trying to prevent her from going into shock. They just found out the baby she's been carrying for 19 weeks is not viable and is causing her liver and kidneys to shut down. So please pray for her and her husband. Pray for healing of her body and her heart.

14 comments:

Lori said...

Oh that is just awful. I will certainly pray for her. I cannot even imagine how terrible that must be.

Yaya said...

:( :(

Just stumbled across your blog from SITS and this is the post I see. PLEASE send your sil to my blog and my email for support in terms of her loss. I'm (unfortunately) well versed in this area.

Advice for you and other family/friends that want to support. Don't talk, just be there. No words can heal right now other than a simple "I'm sorry". Just knowing you are there for her is enough. Less is more in these situations.

Wishing peace.

Jenni Jiggety said...

Oh I am SO very sorry to hear about your sister in law! Prayers on the way!

PhoinixFury said...

Me and mine will be praying...

Elle said...

so sorry - hope she can avoid a stroke or serious health issues.

Tiffany said...

Came over from SITS to let you know I am sending up prayers!

Barely Domestic Mama said...

I just stopped over from SITS because I saw your comment. I'll be praying for your SIL and her family.

Stephanie said...

First, I'm praying. I'm going to post a blog pointing my readers here so they can pray too. If you want me to take it down please let me know.
Second, I'm so sorry for your sister and her loss. I hope that there are no lasting symptoms and she's able to go on and carry a healthy pregnancy in the future.
God Bless You ALL!

Carrie said...

I'll keep praying for her today! Keep me posted. I'm textable today. Love you!

Dee said...

sorry to hear that and of course prayer is going up!

Tiffany said...

Praying for her. What a difficult situation.

The Muse said...

i will indeed.

Ms. Cupcake said...

Dropping by from sits. Sending prayers your way. Best wishes to you and yours.

Stephanie said...

Hey,
I have been thinking about your SIL. How are things?